Skip to main content

More Adventure, More Food...

Wonder Waffel, Berlin - The best waffles and ice creams in town.


Mc Donald's, KuDamm - And of course Mc Donald's tastes better abroad - especially if it is followed by a McCafe treat of pastries and great coffee.
Oranienstraße Park, Kreuzberg - Sometimes you just have just around and have fun like a child, and that is just what I did.
Holocaust Memorial, Potsdamer Platz - No matter how many times I come here and take photos, I end up visiting the memorial again.

 Dadante Pizza, Kreuzberg - The best pizza restaurant run by Turkish owners.  So good, that you would think they are Italian.  
 Moccachino, Wedding - No breakfast is breakfast if it isn't a Turkish breakfast, so I just had to get involved and treat myself!

Brandenburger Tor, Berlin - Still probably my favourite place in Berlin.  No matter how hot or cold the weather is, this place makes me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume: The "P" in Peace

Perfume enhances our senses.  Not just smell - but also the sense of being.  Freedom.  And it just makes sense...  It's a subject which I have spoken about since I have been old enough to think and how it shapes so much of what we do and feel is so significant.   Airport sprees are especially a highlight as it means testing new fragrances and deciding which one I want next.  Finding the one and   drowning yourself in the deepness of the bottle and the journey it takes you on is an exciting part of the trip.  One of the main factors for me is the memory that you create with just a smell.  When you use a perfume at a specific time or place, it helps store that memory and combines the scent with that experience - this is especially why I prefer to go on a perfume hunt when I am travelling!   Being on holiday means that I get to relax and think about the perfume (which sticks to my travel hoodie and lingers in the hotel room for t...

Bitter Sweet Berlin

Three whole months without a single post.  Without anything of interest to scribble... Or type, should I say?..  They most certainly were not any old months where I simply wasn't doing or accomplishing anything; in fact I was pretty much getting my life together, making huge decisions.  Or just huge moves.  To Germany. What better way of restarting my good old writing habits than to update you all on my current location!  Hurrah, I finally made it here.  After several visits here and sleepless nights of um'ing and ah'ing, wondering why I cant find a job in Berlin, I was offered an opportunity to work as a customer solutions agent... Speaking English and Turkish only, of course.  My journey was not a smooth one to say the least, but settling in, moving in with my lovely flat mate and finally booking my evening German lessons I can say that I'm a lot more comfortable here, in Berlin. A lot of people did try and stop me when I was in the decision making...

Winter Wear: Seasonal Skin Food

It is no secret that we all want good skin.  Age, gender or even climate is no exception to that rule so undoubtedly the first thing we can expect to do is jump on Google to find out which cream is the best and why.   I would like to start off by talking about what little care I showed towards good skincare.  In all honesty, I used to go for the most cost effective option of a range in which I believed to be a good enough brand, and would check on my cheeks to see how they're doing and made sure they felt smooth... Now what is "good" and how do you determine what is and isn't a good brand?  Price tag?  Reviews?  Word of mouth?  All seem pretty fair to me but what I have really come to realise is that if something isn't good for your skin type then it may not necessarily be good at all.  Our skin is like the most delicate piece of clothing we wear and given how much exposure to pollution and harmful rays it has throughout the day, there has to...