Skip to main content

Bitter Sweet Berlin

Three whole months without a single post.  Without anything of interest to scribble... Or type, should I say?..  They most certainly were not any old months where I simply wasn't doing or accomplishing anything; in fact I was pretty much getting my life together, making huge decisions.  Or just huge moves.  To Germany.
What better way of restarting my good old writing habits than to update you all on my current location!  Hurrah, I finally made it here.  After several visits here and sleepless nights of um'ing and ah'ing, wondering why I cant find a job in Berlin, I was offered an opportunity to work as a customer solutions agent... Speaking English and Turkish only, of course.  My journey was not a smooth one to say the least, but settling in, moving in with my lovely flat mate and finally booking my evening German lessons I can say that I'm a lot more comfortable here, in Berlin.
A lot of people did try and stop me when I was in the decision making process.  From family critics to envious surroundings; those telling me I studied journalism and therefore should stick around in retail until a degree-related-opportunity pops up and many, many more.  At first, I did think long and hard about the move I was about to make.  Stepping out of my comfort zone, not being able to splash out on any bag or pair of shoes I want, just because I can; did confuse me a little until I realised I had to think like an adult and step up in the world.  Realise what really matters to me, and what experiences make a person who they are.  Understand why the greatest stories all start with change and risk taking.  And once I had these clarified in my mind, I typed up my resignation letter and shot away.  
When I weigh up all the opportunities I'm given in life, I can confidently say that I am not one who is spoilt for choice.  I am a dreamer, an optimist; but rarely see these in action however, with my latest and greatest step yet, I can tell myself that I made the right choice - or I hope, for now, considering it has only just been a month!  A piece of advice, for those who need it...  Take risks, my friends; take risks...  Just when you think your life is a monotone, bland and repetitive one, something will pop up so long as you keep trying! But remember... Always take those discreet signs and follow them.  Call it fate, call it luck but I am a believer of the two combined and patience on top.  My greatest struggle has been the fact that my family are not here with me and spending my first time away from family in another country - for good - has been difficult and yes I have shed many tears however I will neither be the first nor the last who moves countries.  Peace!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear. Germany still one of my fav countries. German language its hard to learn, two or 3 months you will pick easy. Good luck there. Hoping to see posts.
    Proud of You! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. just AMAZING interesting to read i really like your blog hope you can start blogging again 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Wear: Seasonal Skin Food

It is no secret that we all want good skin.  Age, gender or even climate is no exception to that rule so undoubtedly the first thing we can expect to do is jump on Google to find out which cream is the best and why.   I would like to start off by talking about what little care I showed towards good skincare.  In all honesty, I used to go for the most cost effective option of a range in which I believed to be a good enough brand, and would check on my cheeks to see how they're doing and made sure they felt smooth... Now what is "good" and how do you determine what is and isn't a good brand?  Price tag?  Reviews?  Word of mouth?  All seem pretty fair to me but what I have really come to realise is that if something isn't good for your skin type then it may not necessarily be good at all.  Our skin is like the most delicate piece of clothing we wear and given how much exposure to pollution and harmful rays it has throughout the day, there has to be maintenance.  Just

Perfume: The "P" in Peace

Perfume enhances our senses.  Not just smell - but also the sense of being.  Freedom.  And it just makes sense...  It's a subject which I have spoken about since I have been old enough to think and how it shapes so much of what we do and feel is so significant.   Airport sprees are especially a highlight as it means testing new fragrances and deciding which one I want next.  Finding the one and   drowning yourself in the deepness of the bottle and the journey it takes you on is an exciting part of the trip.  One of the main factors for me is the memory that you create with just a smell.  When you use a perfume at a specific time or place, it helps store that memory and combines the scent with that experience - this is especially why I prefer to go on a perfume hunt when I am travelling!   Being on holiday means that I get to relax and think about the perfume (which sticks to my travel hoodie and lingers in the hotel room for the week) and essentially, that scent becomes affiliated

Christmas in Amsterdam

Hey everybody!  For the very first time, I decided that a getaway for Christmas would be a fabulous idea because apparently I didn't have enough excuses to travel, anyway!  It didn't take me too long to decide that I wanted to go to Amsterdam as I had never been before ( considering its a 45 minute plane journey - a lot shorter than it takes a lot of us to commute from one end of London to the other! ) I found Amsterdam to be very pretty.  Very calm.  No hustle and bustle and very picturesque - so perfect for those who are passionate about photography!  I did a lot of walking around, exploring; going down one street and ending up in a completely different neighbourhood because I don't like planning and if you're a spontaneous one too, Amsterdam may be the place for you! There are a lot of cute little buildings, great history and so much art to take in, in this adorable city!  There is a lot more to it than the name and what it is actually known for.  I didn't vi